The non-profit organisation brings together the key players in road safety (public prosecutors, police, insurance companies, associations, etc.) and carries out preventive actions aimed at significantly reducing the number of road accident victims in the province of Luxembourg. One sole employee ensures the general coordination.
The non-profit association Partageons Nos Routes (Share Our Roads) renews its commitment for the three coming years to the following activities:
- Partnership with RYD (Responsible Young Drivers) within the framework of “be soft” activities: at festive events, young people wear a bracelet, a sign of their commitment not to consume mind-altering substances during the event. Water, apples, apple juice and earplugs are distributed to them free of charge. If they are safe, they leave with a prize.
At least twenty actions during the year, mainly during the summer period.
- Raising awareness of wearing seatbelts, thanks to the stunt car that travels throughout Wallonia.
- Raising awareness of road dangers for two-wheel vehicles thanks to the motorcycle simulator (it can be transported to schools but also to different events throughout the year).
- Raising awareness of road safety education thanks to the fixed track in Libramont (catering mainly for primary schools in conjunction with the Federal Police Education and Prevention Unit).
- Organisation of refresher courses for senior citizens throughout the province of Luxembourg in conjunction with the Federal Police Education and Prevention Unit (on request, thirty people per session).
- Poster campaign promoting prevention, with positive connotations, which places the emphasis on positive values found in sport and road safety. As from September 2011.