NAMA will closely follow the current topics, practices and findings related to road safety on international level and is specialised in exploring, analysing, designing projects and implementing practices for improving road safety. We want to offer our expertise in order to improve the road safety in Greece by committing to the European Road Safety Charter with following actions:
- Safeguarding our presence (participation, presentations) at all conferences in Greece and selected Conference abroad, concerning the design of safe road environment. The presentation will involve all staff of NAMA's Transportation Dept. (15 engineers).
- Promoting road safety issues to employees and selected target groups:
i. Uploading information material (publicity campaigns, research results, policy recommendations, etc.) in our intranet and educating our staff on road safety practices through in-house training offered from selected academic staff, or attending focused courses which may be organised from the relevant national authorities.
ii. Updating our website with selected road safety information
iii. Informing the authorities and offering our expertise about the need of:
- adopting specific standards and practices in the planning and design of transportation and other infrastructure projects,
- executing road safety studies and, black spot analysis and treatment in the urban and interurban environment,
- Through communications, whenever possible and through existing collaborations:
i. Organising or participating in round tables, public consultation, on topics related to road safety
ii. Participating and supporting actions related to traffic education and safe behaviour of children at schools
iii. Promoting road safety issues (road safety policy, road user behaviour, creation of "forgiving road environment") through media channels (newspaper, radio and tv).