Through the Excellence in Road Safety Awards, the European Commission recognizes the numerous actions undertaken across the continent to improve road safety and save lives on European roads.
The European Commission presented the Excellence in Road Safety Awards 2017 to five winners at a ceremony that took place on 26 June 2017 in Bucharest, Romania. This prize recognises commitments to road safety that have a significant impact on saving lives on Europe's roads.
Awards went to:
- The Heracles Group of Companies, a member of LafargeHolcim (Greece)
- The Ville de Martigues (France)
- The CTT Correios de Portugal
- The Romanian Automobile Club
- The Motorförarnas Helnykterhetsförbund (Sweden)
During the ceremony, the special prize dedicated to Jacques Barrot, former Transport Commissioner and an enthusiastic advocate of road safety in Europe, was awarded by the audience to the Romanian Automobile Club.
For more information click here.