The "Polskie Drogi" monthly has been published since 1994. Our readers are people involved in road management and design, research workers, technical university students and people working for road building contractors. The “Polish Roads” publication has a circulation of 5000.
The “Polish Roads” monthly, wishing to improve road safety in Poland, particularly where road engineering is concerned, and raise awareness about the importance of wearing seat belts, pedestrian visibility on the road and dangers as a result of speeding, commits to undertake the following actions:
- We will publish a quarterly supplement entitled "Road Traffic Safety and Engineering" ("Bezpieczenstwo i Inzynieria Ruchu Drogowego") that will include articles and reviews promoting RS, especially the following issues:
- Wearing seat belts
- Slow, responsible and safe driving
- Pedestrian visibility on the road
- Safety engineering
Date: quarterly during a three year period.
- We will organise a Polish Road Congress (Ogólnopolski Kongres Zarzadców Dróg Powiatowych) in Karpacz, at which Road Safety and Engineering questions will be discussed.
Start date: 9.5.2006
End date: 12.5.2006
- In collaboration with the Roads and Bridges Research Institute, we will organise a Road Safety Initiative Contest under the patronage of the Ministry of Infrastructure. The prize will be awarded annually at the International Road Construction Industry Fair “Autostrada-Polska” in Kielce (May).
Date: May 2006
Collaborators involved in all our actions: Roads and Bridges Research Institute in Warsaw, Department of Public Roads at the Ministry of Infrastructure, the General Directorate of National Roads and Motorways, All-Polish Economic Chamber of Road-Building, Polish Road Congress.
We will also promote the European Road Safety Charter at conferences and congresses in which we participate, and by publishing the information in our monthly bulletin.