The TTC Group is a nationwide driver training organisation which is focused on delivering high quality education for drivers in order to make Britain´s roads safer for everyone. The Company specialises in delivering four key areas of training both commercial and public contracts. These are the Post Court, Diversionary, Employers and Prevention.
The TTC group renews its commitment to the European Road Safety Charter for the next three years by undertaking the following actions:
1. Our Drink Driver rehabilitation scheme will continue to take place. The programme was awarded to TTC by the department of Transport and the department of Environment (Northern Ireland). The courses will be run over three days and raises per year approximately 300.000 GBP which is then re invested back into the local community through venues affiliated to local charities and organizations such as the Salvation Army.
2. To continue with the National Driver Improvement Scheme (NDIS) which is a scheme offered to drivers who have been caught driving without due care and attention. The scheme is offered as an alternative to court conviction.
3. Our speed awareness programme will continue to be delivered. The programme is contracted to be delivered to 100 000 drivers a year. This programme will also be offered as an alternative to receiving the three points and fine when caught speeding. Similar programmes will also take place on being caught driving through a red light, failing to wear a seat belt, using a mobile phone and RIDE (for motorcyclists).
4. A selection of courses on Managing Occupational Road Risk will be offered to companies for the safety of their drivers. Alongside the on-road training and in-class training TTC will provide an online risk assessment to rate driver standards.
5. Our Driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) Training which will provide 35 hours of training every five years to professional drivers as part of their professional development. The programme is designed to match the needs and concerns of employers.
6. Our Drug & Alcohol Awareness Training & Education scheme will be available for employers and their workforce. The aim of this scheme is to assist managers with policy development and implementation throughout companies.