32nd Primary School with integrate departments in Lublin carries out educational activities aimed at comprehensive development of its students. For 15 years in the school have been founded integrated classes for both healthy and disabled childer. Currently the school is attended by 614 pupils and employes a staff of 64 teachers and a dozen of administrative employees.
32nd Primary School with integrate departments in Lublin commits to the initiative of European Road Safety Charter by implementing an educational program aimed at increasing awareness on road safety topics amoung our pupils.
The objective of the program is to minimize the amount of traffic accidents in which our pupils are involved.
Major actions within the program:
- organising of excursions to observe and participate in road traffic
- watching with pupils educational movies that indicate differences between wrong and right behaviour on roads
- exchanging of ideas and experiences with other entities representing educational sector on a national level
- organising road safety competitions for pupils
- organising meetings with municipal road safety representatives, e.g. local police
- promotion of wearing reflection lights on clothing,
- organising of theoretical and practical exams on bicycle licence.
The objectives - each pupil:
- knows principles of the safe use of roads,
- identifies basic traffic signs,
- crosses the road in places indicated for that purpose
- is able to safely use public transport,
- is visible; wears reflective elements on its clothes,
- plays only in safe places indicated for that purpose,
- is able to ask for assistance, call police, ambulance, fire guard.
The selected team of profesionals within our school employees will be responsible for accomplishing specifics tasks and coordinating the entire program. After its implementation, all teachers will be engaged in carrying out particular stages of the program.
Number of targeted pupils: about 600
Commitment duration: September 2009-September 2012