Public services (Police, cleaning, administration, etc.).
120 employes and 10.462 inhabitants.
Actions aimed at preventing accidents and improving road safety in the locality will be carried out by the police.
1. USER BEHAVIOUR
a) City council staff:
- We will incorporate road safety in to the council workplace risk prevention plan.
- We will involve civil society in the development of actions to improve road safety through model activities and cooperation programmes:
o Sporting associations
o Cultural associations
- Prevention campaigns on driving behavior (belts, mobile phone, passengers, etc.) and prevention of driving under the influence of alcohol (contacting cultural and gastronomic venues to publicize the possibility of voluntary alcohol testing before driving). These actions will be carried out by municipal police officers upon request to avoid people driving who are under the influence of alcohol.
- We will work with schools on different activities to promote road safety through education, for example:
- Organize workshops on prevention “youth night, drinking and driving”
- Awareness campaign on the use of child restraint systems
- The Local Police launch activities in schools to strengthen the control of start and finish times of all the schools within the same area.
d) Vulnerable groups
- We will promote and strengthen road safety training and awareness among the more vulnerable groups in society, through a road safety education campaign for young people.
2. INFRASTRUCTURE SAFETY
We will implement the following:
- Reinforce the control of signs at roadworks and protection provided at these areas, as well as how they affect vehicles and pedestrians
- Raising of pedestrian crossings to form speed humps in streets with long straight sections, no crossroads or roundabouts for which speed reduction elements are necessary.
- Anti-slip finish on painted horizontal signs.
- Road marking of 30km/h zones with elements that hamper driving at higher speeds.
- Study and research activities and a creation of a database of all accidents and incidents occurring in the Borough, both with injuries without injury. The database will identify the causes and prioritise actions to improve road safety.
- Communication through Council Web site or other media, regarding conditions and potencial dangerous situations that might led to accidents.
We commit to carry out these actions over the next 3 years in collaboration with the Government of Navarra, Navarra Institut of health workers and Federation of Navarra County Councils.