3P is a multinational company dedicated to the processing and mechanization of high performance engineering plastics which offers tailor-made solutions to the automotive, aerospace, industry and energy sectors. It is part of a French group that has a headcount of 250 employees.
Productos Plásticos Performantes 3P is aware of the large number of daily journeys by car and of the effect of the high incidence of traffic accidents on human health. This is why 3P has decided to integrate road safety into company preventive planning, by drawing a Mobility and Road Safety Plan for the years 2012 to 2014 aimed at all the employees and which has a dual purpose: to help reduce traffic accidents and air pollution caused by vehicles.
For the duration of the above mentioned plan, activities have been defined such as:
- Awareness raising campaigns on road safety, such as posters, three-page leaflets on specific topics, training and information to workers.
- Training on road safety for the usual drivers (aimed at 2 salespersons), with a duration of 1.5 hours.
- Reviewing and integrating in the risk assessment all those risks associated with traffic accidents.
- Theoretical and practical training on efficient driving with the aim of building awareness in the employees about responsible driving regarding air pollution (aimed at all the employees, to be completed in 2012). This training will also lead to safer driving.
- Collaboration with nearby garages for the tuning of employees private cars in order to reduce the likelihood of accidents because of malfunction or the condition of the cars.