1. USER CONDUCT
a) Town Council Staff:
- We will incorporate road safety into the Town Council’s Work-related Risk Prevention Policy.
- We will provide municipal staff with safe driving training.
b) Civil Society
- We will raise civil society’s awareness of the implementation of actions to improve road safety by delivering standard activities and collaboration programmes.
• Sports Societies.
- We will collaborate with schools on various activities to promote road safety in educational processes, such as:
• Annual Road Safety Drawing Event for Children and Youths.
• Local Road Safety Education Competition.
• Information campaign on road safety in the context of Bike Day activities.
• “Youths, Nights Out, Alcohol and Driving” Days.
• Awareness campaign on the use of seatbelts and retention systems.
d) The Most Vulnerable Groups
- We will promote and strengthen road safety training and awareness actions for the most vulnerable groups:
• Information campaign on road safety and education for youths.
• Road safety training courses for the immigrant population.
• Talks on safety when moving around, given in Retired Persons Homes and Homes for the Elderly.
2. VEHICLE SAFETY
- Special maintenance programme for the Town Council’s vehicles.
3. INFRASTRUCTURE SAFETY
- Creation or improvement of pedestrian zones.
- Demarcation of 30km/hour zones, using elements that prevent vehicles from travelling at higher speeds.