The AGUVS volunteer group undertakes to carry out the following activities over the next three years to promote enhanced road safety:
1) April will see the first edition of the annual campaign on prevention and road safety. This initiative, embraced by the Province of Lecce, will start in the municipality of Cavallino (LE) and will be presented in other Salentino municipalities. The plan is to expand to the provinces of Brindisi and Bari in the future. The purpose of our campaign is to work with primary and secondary schools, which will take part in an educational contest on road safety involving the design of pictures (primary school pupils) and phrases, slogans or text messages (secondary school pupils) to be linked to the campaign. The winning designs will be used as the symbol and slogan/message of the road safety awareness campaign entitled 'Chi ama la Vita non 'Scappa' dalla Vita' [those who love life don't leave it], which the association will promote throughout the country, and will be published on its website. We have included a section of useful tips and messages on prevention on the website. The campaign will be brought to a close with an evening event including a themed performance presented and designed by young artists from various dance and music schools in Lecce and films on the prevention of road accidents, a mini debate with experts on arguments relating to prevention and road safety, and the award ceremony for the contest winners. The plan is to involve approximately 900 pupils.
2) In March/April, it will set up an observatory and a centre to listen to problems and familiar issues often experienced by families who have been affected by road accidents, comprising a lawyer specialised in specific advice, a legal physician and a psychologist, and a technical engineer for advice on accident dynamics. Each of the territorial headquarters we set up will have such a service on site. The advisory service is available free of charge to all. Those members who require legal or technical assistance and mandate professionals contracted by the association will receive such assistance under favourable conditions, as stipulated in the memoranda of understanding established by the association with the individual professionals.
3) It will propose projects to create an organisation to provide assistance, promoting social insertion. For this purpose, it will organise sociocultural events and meetings in conjunction with the local authorities and institutional headquarters.
4) It will continually update the section containing useful advice and messages on prevention on the website, www.giustiziavittimestrada.org, which receives an average of 800 visits per month.
5) It will also organise events such as processions, marches, participation in sporting events and themed performances that involve over 20,000 people a year.