The school has set the following targets and objectives:
- Develop individual responsibility in order to instil greater civic sense.
- Raise awareness about rules relating to correct behaviour in order to improve road use.
- Teach about individual and group safety.
- Teach about respect of rules and traffic signs.
- Develop awareness of road signs.
- Raise awareness about road hazards.
- Teach about negative psychological behaviours when driving (narcissism, power, the myth of cars, etc).
- Teach the basic techniques for driving two-wheeled vehicles.
- Teach about controlling vehicle speed in different traffic contexts.
- Teach about driving vehicles safely in different contexts.
Over the next three years, the school will undertake to:
1. Promote the Piedibus project for the journey between home and school.
2. Organise courses for the moped test.
3. Organise meetings with local police officers.
4. Participate in practical driving tests organised by the USP in conjunction with the Italian Motorcycle Federation.
5. Promote class-based meetings taught by Rinaldo Batelli involving pupils and/or parents and the use of educational material containing practical advice on the safe driving of two-wheeled vehicles, available on the SICURO IN SELLA blog at: http://blog.libero.it/sicuroinsella.
6. Encourage pupils to consult the following road safety websites:
The actions will target pupils, parents and teachers.