The Fundació Viure i Conviure manages the Caixa Catalunya’s benevolent work, promoting new activities aimed particularly at groups of elderly people and people with disabilities and health problems, through the establishment and continuation of its own projects or in cooperation with establishments from a variety of backgrounds.
The Fundació Viure i Conviure, in cooperation with various institutions, is promoting the project entitled “We all act together” to raise awareness and prevent road safety risks among young people through dialogue, theatre and various actions that facilitate understanding and familiarity with the dangers of careless driving whilst consolidating civic responsible driving values.
- To give young people a say in creating prevention messages in a creative and united manner.
- To establish debate in the school environment and involve pupils in active reflection on road behaviour.
- To provide information about risk factors and related consequences.
- Contest aimed at amateur theatre groups to select a winning group, which will develop a play related to risk factors in young people’s driving. The play will be shown in various cities in Catalonia and seen by young students.
- In order to ensure the appropriateness and quality of proposals, the participating groups will receive free training from experts and institutions linked to the theme and technicalities of the project.
- At the end of each play, a debate will take place between the young actors and young students. Students can continue the debate in their classrooms with the help of educational material, which will be distributed free of charge to all attending teachers.
Participants in the theatre group contest: young people between 18 and 25 years of age.
Theatre audience: young people between 15 and 24 years of age; families; institutions; local media.
150 participants in the training day; 80 submissions from participants; one winning theatre group; 850 education establishments involved in the theatre tour (secondary schools, technical colleges, sixth-form colleges and universities); 2,125 participating students.
Catalan Traffic Department
Autonomous Government of Catalonia – Department of Health
Autonomous Government of Catalonia – Department of Education
Barcelona City Council
After an internal evaluation process to assess the qualitative impact of the actions, continuation of the project in 2008 and subsequent years will be considered.
The Fundació Viure i Conviure is part of the Caixa Catalunya Group.