TILMON ESPAÑA, S.A. defines its "Occupational Hazard Prevention Policy" based on the fundamental principle of safeguarding the lives, integrity and health of all workers, both internal and those of partner companies and third parties who might remain in their work centres, as well as on the care of the work environment and the environment in which it operates.
To this end, prevention management consists of an organizational and functional unit, integrated in the company’s activities, decisions, production processes and hierarchical levels, as a part of the overall management system of the company.
This is why avoiding commuting and work tasks and travel accidents is yet another objective of the company. To this end, over the next 3 years the following actions will be launched:
1. Promoting awareness of the workers by:
- Each year an awareness campaign will be held, through the dissemination of leaflets and information posters in different workplaces.
- Each year a road safety course will be conducted for those workers using cars for their work task journeys, with a minimum duration of 1 hour. 100 % of all implicated workers will receive this training.
2. Studying and implementing, where appropriate, new organizational and/or technological systems to reduce the movement of workers, such as:
- Organizing orders at the Machinery Park, thus reducing the number of journeys.
- Computer communication systems: electronic invoicing.
3. Follow-up of the effectiveness of the actions, done by the Mobility Plan Coordinator designated by the company.
These actions are mainly aimed at staff members who travel by car to perform their work tasks, but they also reach, to a certain extent, the staff of partner companies operating in the works.