ÚAMK is an association of motorists, constituting Slovak's motorists interests. It works on partition traffic education, road safety; services for motorists, mototourism, camping and caravanning, motor sport and deal with young people.
In the next three years we will renew our Road Safety Charter Commitment with the following activities:
1. In collaboration with the Ministry of Transport, Construction, and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic, the Banská Bystrica Region and the Regional Directorate of the Police Force in Banská Bystrica we will create the Slovak equivalent of the Route 66 - "Slovakia Route 66" (185 km) on the national route I./66. The objective is that this route represents an example of a safe route. We will work on a pilot segment securing a complex reconstruction of its pavement following the latest road safety findings, including the installation of crash barriers, infrastructure and strong road safety signalisation. ÚAMK SR is the author and coordinator of the project.
2. In collaboration with the Slovak Television we will raise road safety awareness among the motorist public in the Slovak Republic with 2 regular road safety educational broadcasts:
- "Traffic lights" - explaining the basic rules of safe movement and orientation in traffic and in concrete traffic situations,
- One minute for saving lives - training about what to do in case of a situation when a first aid is needed.
Our aim is to broadcast at the country level.
3. In the framework of our activities, we will continue improving the children road safety education. We will collaborate in the construction of Road Safety playgrounds in the regional capitals of the Slovak Republic. Within the next three years our objective is to inaugurate at least 20 new road safety playgrounds for children.