The Town hall of San Adrián demonstrates its commitment through the following actions:
1. - USER CONDUCT
a) Town hall staff:
- We will include Road Safety in the Town hall Plan for the Prevention of Occupational Risks.
b) Civil Society
- We will involve civil society in the development of actions to improve road safety, by providing standard activities and collaboration programmes:
o Sports Societies
o Cultural Societies
c) Training Centres
- Collaborating with the 2 Training Centres for different activities in order to promote road safety in the educational process, such as:
o Open days spent together with emergency groups, during which the staff from different emergency groups (Firemen, Local Police, Autonomous Police etc.) explain to the school students what their work involves, show their vehicles...
o Prevention Session "Youth, the night, drinking and driving”
o Focus lectures and exhibitions based on different training material depending on the participants’ age in each primary school course.
o Lectures and workshops carried out in the Institute of Secondary Education, IES EGA.
o Lectures focused on safety during journeys, carried out in the Home for Senior Citizens.
2. - VEHICLE SAFETY
- Special programme for the maintenance of town hall vehicles.
- Awareness-raising among the users of town hall vehicles, in order for these to be used correctly in accordance with Traffic Law.
3. – INFRAESTRUCTURE SAFETY
- We will create or improve pedestrian areas, extend sidewalks to facilitate pedestrian crossing, install traffic lights at pedestrian crossings (where possible in the town), enhance traffic flow on those streets with large straight sections without zebra crossings or roundabouts which require elements to guarantee the reduction of speed, remove obstacles which may hinder visibility, as well as incorrect crossings.
- We will carry out a special review regarding the maintenance of the signs, standardising and removing any unnecessary signage.
- We will control construction site signals and signals for the protection of the sites and how they affect the vehicles and pedestrians.
- We will apply a non-slip treatment to the painted surface of horizontal signalling.
- We will demarcate areas of 30 Km/hour, through means that hinder high speed circulation.
4. – EMPLOYEE TRANSPORTATION
- Specific training offered to professional groups.
5. - ACCIDENTS
- We will create a database about the accident rate, in order to improve road safety.
- We will communicate through the Town hall website or through other means, the conditions and hazardous occurrences that might have caused accidents.