28 - 30 June 2012
| Signatory Event
Initiatives to improve driving safety for young people and citizens of the city will take place in Vidin from 28 to 30 June 2012. Three different activities are planned:
- Training on "Risky driving behavior prevention by driving simulator", which will be held with Vidin students on June 28 at the "St. St. Cyril and Methodius" school;
- Training on "Alcohol and drugs abuse with subsequent driving prevention" which will be held with Vidin students on 29 June at the "St. St. Cyril and Methodius" school;
- Campaign on "Alcohol and drugs abuse with subsequent driving prevention" which will be held on June 30 in the Danube Park and is open to all residents and guests of the city.
The Road Safety Days are a joint initiative of:
- "Open Youth", within the ACCORD* project, supprted by the "Youth in Action" Programme, Directorate General "Education and culture" of the European Commission within the EU/China Year of Youth; and
- Foundation "Phoenix 21st Century FOPD " / Youth Information and Consultation Center - Vidin, within the project "Youth for the European future of Vidin" funded by the "National Youth Programme 2011-2015".
Participats in the initiatives will be able to test various alcogoggles, simulating vision under the influence of alcohol, without actually consuming any; to sit behind the wheel of a driving simulator - high-tech machine designed to recreate a 3D platform driving experience as close to the reality as possible; as well as other exercises, simulating various risks associated with driving. Citizens will be able to see and experience the new prevention tool - specifically developed weight calculator, which shows how much a person weighs during a crash at 50, 90 or 130 km/h.
* Actions Corresponding to the Creativeness and local Opportunities in Road safety Development
Bulgaria | 26 Jun 2012