Aglantzia Municipality is contiguous to Nicosia Municipality, the capital of Cyprus. It is a Municipality near the buffer zone with a surface of 31 square kilometers (km²), of which 14 km² are agricultural land occupied by the Turkish army since 1974.
Aglantzia is Nicosia's highest suburb, since its largest part is built either on hills or on hillsides. Aglantzia was built in mediaeval times, before Ottoman rule.
Number of citizens: 22000
Number of staff: 70
We will aim to adopt the following during the next three years:
1. To improve pedestrians’ safety, we plan to further expand the pavement building program currently within the municipality. 14 KM construction plan.
2. We plan to increase policing with the employment of more traffic wardens. 2 New traffic wardens.
3. We will define the city's black spots and we will promote solutions to improve road safety, giving priority to problematic intersections.
4. To minimize hazards and accidents during road construction works, we will enforce for our contractors stricter and more reliable and effective safety plans.
5. We will promote the Construction of humped crossing- 5 new crossings planned
6. A New municipal traffic committee has been launched to deal with specific Road Safety issues and will meet frequently and deal with all concerning issues.