Public Institution Police Club for Children and Youth is working with children and young people for more than eight years who come from the families (as well as working with families) who are suffering from various crises, from financial to psychological ones. The Club organises after-school activities for children and youngsters. It pays great attention on their integration into society and socialization skills. Volunteers of the Club are actively involved in all activities as well as students from Vilnius Pedagogical University and Mykolas Romeris University who are doing internships in the Club.
In order to ensure the safety of Public Institution Police Club for Children and Youth members in the roads we commit to:
1. In 2010 June or July to organise road safety trainings for children and youngsters. We will prepare the training plan with the help of our founder and partner - Vilnius County Police Headquarters. Also we will invite the officers to the trainings who will provide lectures about road safety.
2. Organise three quizzes for children on road safety with the help of our volunteers and trainees. The quizzes will take place during the summer once a month.
3. We will prepare a brochure together with children - „Kelyje elgiuosi saugiai“ ("I behave safely on the road"). In will include the most important traffic rules as well as children’s and youngsters’ written commitments to abide them.
4. Organise an open event „Kelyje elgiuosi saugiai“ ("I behave safely on the road"). The Club will organise games and discussions on road safety. We are planning to involve the local community and children's families in this event. We also plan to distribute brochures, reflectors and other material related to road safety.
5. Organise a bicycle trip through the city in the summer. Before the trip we will give a lecture about safe cycling in the city.
6. Upload the www.policeclub.lt
website regularly and publish news about our road safety activities.
The activities will be implemented within 2010-2012.