Fundación Abertis promotes research into the effects of major infrastructure on the land, particularly the environment, economy and demography. In response to Abertis’ social responsibility commitment, the foundation has a comprehensive road safety programme, the objective of which is to raise public awareness about the need for responsible mobility.
- Road safety campaign entitled “Te Queda Una Vida. No la Pierdas en la Carretera” [You have one life, don’t lose it on the road].
- Awareness action targeting young drivers and encouraging responsible driving. The campaign follows on from the successful action carried out in 2009 in Catalonia.
- Annual nationwide action.
- To take place during the last week in June as people leave on their summer holidays.
- Partners: Dirección General de Tráfico [Department of Transport] and the Guardia Civil (Home Affairs Ministry), Hospital de Parapléjicos de Toledo, Microsoft Messenger and the media. Other companies in the Abertis Group (Abertis Autopistas and Saba) will also take part.
The number of campaign website visits (www.tequedaunavida.com
) will be used as an indicator, along with the number of leaflets and incentives distributed.
- Events: Fundación Abertis holds scientific events (between two and four a year) in order to disseminate the knowledge acquired as a result of research carried out.
- Publications: Fundación Abertis publishes scientific books to disseminate the knowledge acquired and presentations made during the technical events (one per year).
- Research: According to Fundación Abertis, research is essential in order to act to improve our surroundings; as such, it promotes research on road safety (two research projects per year).
- University agreements: promotion of courses related to road safety.
- Mobility plan for employees (1,100) at the Abertis Group headquarters. Research to find out about employees’ mobility habits at the Abertis Group headquarters:
- Cost reduction
- Emissions reduction
- Accident reduction
- Mobility plan for employees (535) and workers (8,000) at London Luton Airport: research to find out about employees’ mobility habits at London Luton Airport in order to establish more sustainable and safer strategies.
receives 335,000 visits annually. It is possible to access the comprehensive Fundación Abertis road safety programme through this website.
receives 7,000 visits annually. It is possible to follow the school road safety programme through this website, which provides activities for parents, teachers and pupils so that they can work together on road safety issues.
- Following the opening of the Rome and Paris Fundación Abertis branches, we will develop our road safety programme in Italy and France.
- French delegation: awareness campaign targeting young people in order to educate future drivers in an entertaining way about the specifics of motorway driving as a complement to traditional driving lessons. 10,000 20-page manuals will be printed, and a website will be created featuring audiovisual clips on motorway driving, as well as online games and quizzes.
- Italian delegation: creation of the Abertis - Universidad LUMSA chair for research into the management of infrastructure and its effects on the land, particularly in Mediterranean countries.