DHL is the largest provider of logistics services in the world. Company’s services include providing international express, air, sea, road and rail transport, as well as contract logistics and international postal services. Network of the company covers more than 220 countries and territories all around the world and employs about 300,000 employees. Slovakia operates through two legal entities, DHL Express (Slovakia), Ltd. and DHL Logistics Slovakia, Ltd. which generally employ around 3,000 people.
We commit with our road safety project:
Trucks and Children Safety (TACS) is a program with the aim to increase awareness of children in the age 6-11 about the dangers of the big trucks.
Program is organized by DHL UK Foundation; they trained two people from DHL Slovakia, so now DHL Slovakia can adapt this program. It is approximately 45 minutes lecture which teaches children how to avoid the injury or death by truck or other big vehicle. Program is made by interactive way, demonstrated by truck. Truck will be close to school to enable children as much as possible authentic experience, which help them remember the most important information.
TACS Training will help children realize how dangerous the trucks and other large vehicles can be for them.
Children will learn:
- How and what a truck driver can see from the truck, in the mirrors,
- What are the dimensions of the truck,
- How loud is the truck motor,
- Where are the blind spots of the truck,
- It is almost impossible for a truck driver to hear a child scream,
- How important is to always keep away from trucks,
- Why not run on the road and why even on the sidewalk stand as far as possible from the curb,
- What to do if the ball or the toy suddenly appears on the road.
We will yearly visit at least 3 institutions and train approximately 700 children from different part of Slovakia. We would like to continue with this effort in followingyears.