Hatta the Hellenic Association of Travel and Tourist Agencies was founded in 1927. The association has 1,500 members, travel agencies across the country, employing approximately 20,000 workers. The Regular members of Hatta are tourist and travel agencies which operate in all sectors of tourism. The Associate members of Hatta are businesses working with travel agencies such as hotels, transport companies, software companies and suppliers of travel agencies.
The Hellenic Association of Travel and Tourist Agencies, Hatta, commits to the European Road Safety Charter for the next three years with the following actions:
1. We will send out an email to all of our associate members on the issue of Road Safety in Greece. This will be distributed to over 1500 companies and associations and will attempt to raise their awareness on issues of public transport and road safety.
2. We will create a special section on our website, blog, where all tourists or passengers of transport services in the country will be able to state their concerns or provide suggestions regarding their experiences with road Safety in Greece.
3. We will in cooperation with the Ministry of Transport and with other relevant Non Governmental Organizations publish material on our website that will be targeted at consumers (passengers - passengers of coaches), informing them about their rights and obligations when travelling by coach.
4. We will distribute to the tourist offices - members and to the tourist offices which are not members:
- Documents detailing the Code of Driving Conduct in Greece.
- Advisory forms for passengers related to road safety in issues such as wearing seat belts and issues of personal safety.
5. We will, in cooperation with the Ministry of Transport and relevant NGOs, assist in formulating control scales for coaches to confirm that they follow the basic safety rules:
- seat belts on all seats.
- basic rules of cleanliness.
- safe seats.
- High quality in the mechanical nature of the vehicles.
We will make these checks at regular intervals locally in accordance with the Local Authorities.