The Motorcycle Consumers Association (MOTEK) was founded in 2001 and is the most effective way to claim and protect the interests of the motorcyclist in Greece
The association´s aim is to perform collective actions and to intervene in decisions made by the ministries, mayors and general entities that concern motorcyclists.
The association protects motorcyclists from acts or events that may endanger prevent or diminish their rights and their means of transportation.
MOTORCYCLE CONSUMERS ASSOCIATION (MOTEK) commits to join the effort for safer roads in Greece and as such joins the European Road Safety Charter for the coming three years.
1. Publish Motorcycle safety information through their website, online blogs and facebook profile.
2. Organize road safety related exhibitions and events. Through these inform the participants about safe motorcycle driving through lectures and leaflets.
3. Visit school and education centre and give out lectures to teenagers about safe motorcycle driving. The focus will be issues such as wearing a helmet and respecting the rules and regulations.
4. Cooperate with companies to deliver seminars on motorcycle driving. This will be in conjunction with corporate social responsibility programs of these companies.
As Indicators MOTEK will use complaints and requests from members and non-consumers. The association will collect data from surveys.
The Association will carry out a number of periodical surveys and studies. Press releases, leaflets, posters and stickers will be printed and distributed to media contacts.
The Executive board of MOTEK and non-members - volunteers will be involved in this road safety campaign
The Action plan for the coming period is as follows:
1. March 2011: Participation in Road Safety Week
2. May 2011: Participation in the exhibition 2011 for motorcycles.
3. June 2011: Participation in the fringe festival where the attendants will be informed about issues of road safety.
4. Summer period of 2011: Tours around the country to inform tourists both local and foreigners on how to safely drive a motorcycle in Greece.
5. Create a training package for schools on the 2011-2012 seasons.
6. Application to join the National Road Safety Council.