Union de Mutuas is an occupational accident trust that also deals with occupational diseases of Social Security No. 267. The trust
• Collaborates in the management of the contingencies of work accidents and occupational diseases with associated companies and freelancers.
• Deals with economic benefits for temporary incapacity for common contingencies.
• Manages the financial benefits for risk during pregnancy or breastfeeding and for the termination of activity of freelancers.
• Performs preventive activities in accordance with current legislation.
• Manages cash benefits for child care in cases affected by cancer or other serious illnesses.
The actions of Unión de Mutuas held during the coming years are aimed at:
- Firstly, to the public (through related companies) with road safety classroom sessions taught at various company sites as well as awareness days by the mutual information campaigns. We will organize four annual meetings of duration of three hours each, and raise a minimum of 5,400 workers from the different companies which are associated, this will therefore enable the spread to a larger number of up to 243,300, according to the budget we have for 2012.
- Furthermore, to our own staff, with the implementation of the Mobility Plan at our headquarters, we will raise awareness through the reception manual, internal campaigns, newsletters, posters ...
• The decisions taken by the general management will be distributed on a quarterly basis and will focus on the different causes of accidents: distractions, vehicle maintenance and other general advice.
• We will publish three posters annually, which will be posted in common areas of our premises. These will promote shared vehicle use and include recommendations on safe driving.
• We will publish articles on the internal magazine, related to the previous issues, that will be aimed at drivers of cars, motorcycles and bicycles and will be highlighting issues of concern arising from accidents occurring in our company.
The following departments will be handling the implementation of these actions: Human Resources, Buildings Management and prevention techniques.
To ensure the correct implementation of these actions in road safety we will use the following indicators:
For the members of the trust: number of impacts to the customer (conferences, mailings, etc.)..
Workers' trust: number of commuting accidents and accidents during work time, and number of people trained in road safety topics.
The above will be in the context of corporate social responsibility of Unión de Mutuas.