The Viscofan Group is the world leader in the manufacture and distribution of artificial casings for the meat industry. Viscofan sees corporate social responsibility as a way of relating to its interest groups (shareholders, clients, suppliers, employees, authorities, companies and the environment), acting in an ethical and sustainable manner to create value. VISCOFAN, S.A. comprises 550 employees, who work in the production centres in Cáseda and Urdiain and in the company offices in Tajonar.
The measures to be adopted over the next few years aim to contribute to the prevention of traffic accidents, focusing on two main aspects:
reducing the number of trips made and providing training and information on road safety to all Viscofan S.A. employees.
In order to reduce the number of trips made, the following actions will be implemented, with the objective of following rational travel guidelines at work:
- Use of public transport for business trips.
- Holding meetings via videoconference.
- Promoting car sharing. The training programme will include the following actions:
- Including in the annual training programme at least one hour of specific road safety training for a minimum of 350 employees.
- Awareness actions regarding traffic regulations. - Producing information leaflets on various topics, highlighting the different situations that can arise at different times of the year, including preventative measures (winter driving, checking vehicles before going on holiday, efficient driving, etc.).