We, the Federation of the German Spirits Industry and Importers, the German Vine Academy GmbH, the German Brewery Federation, the Federation of German Sparkling Wine Producers, are aware of the problems of drink driving and alcohol related accidents, especially through drivers but also the general dangers of alcohol misuse. That is why we decided to actively contribute to minimize the problem and to maximize street safety.
We decided to sign the European Road safety Charter from 2008 to 2011.
Therefore we have created and planned the following actions from the 01.05.2008 to the 30.04.2011:
- We aim to achieve a goal of Don’t Drink and Drive with our especially formed 'DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE -Party Patrol' which is tasked to raise awareness for the issue of alcohol and the message 'Don't drink and drive!'. Young drivers will be committed to stay sober for the rest of the night. For the 8 patrol events in 2008 we expect around 1.000 - 1.500 persons per event and will select nominated drivers. The events are not organised by us but are normal club nights where will send the petrol to. The peer promoters look after the designated drivers the whole evening and test them with games and conversations. The "DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE-Party Patrol" informs them about general risks of drink driving, about judicial consequences and possible reactions of insurance companies. The patrol hopes to increase a more responsible and caring behaviour for oneself and others. The message of the Party Patrol is: "The driver stays sober to bring his friends home safely without endangering third parties!" The promoters will demonstrate the effect of spirits on the ability to react with reaction games. The Party Patrol will act and interact the whole night and talk to the designated drivers when they break their commitment. At the event we also distribute flyers (1.000 - 1.500 per PartyPatrol-Event, 10.000 Stk. in total 2008).
- With our website we want to make young drivers aware of drink driving and that they engage and learn more about the problem. We have 40.000 - 50.000 visitors of the webpage www.ddad.de a year. Here one can find further information and results of the "DON`T DRINK AND DRIVE-Party Patrol" campaign.
- Our entire associations are financing the implementation of a national poster campaign "DON`T DRINK AND DRIVE". Therefore, we cooperate with different companies for advertisement ("Ambient Media"). The poster campaign will take place in restaurants and cinemas. 2.000 - 5.000 Posters (A3) will be distributed in Germany in 2008/2009.
- We have developed a Participation Packet for the restaurants and their clients. They include stickers, beer mats, serving aprons and posters that are used during work and generate further attention for the campaign. In the 4th quarter of 2007 (01.08.07 - 31.12.2007) we have distributed 12 Participation Packets; in the 1st of 2008 it has been already 78, 66 went to "EVAS-Vertrieb" for distribution to its restaurant partners.
- We develop in cooperation with TÜV Rheinland Group a "DON`T DRINK AND DRIVE"-Day. Main themes will be safe driving - training and the physical reactions on alcohol. This program is for the field employees. It will be implemented in the second half of the year 2008 and will be offered in all companies of our associations. It is our aim to instruct at least 10% of our 3600 field - employees