Si.mobil is the leading private mobile operator in Slovenia (27.1 % market share). It is owned by mobilkom Austria and is part of the Vodafone partner network. At the end of 2007, Si.mobil had 329 employees who worked on providing services for 497,300 users. Si.mobil has won numerous awards and obtained many certificates for its successful business performance (the Family Friendly Enterprise certificate, Reputable Employer certificate, one of the best employers in a country, Superbrands award etc.)
Si.mobil will tackle the road safety project with small yet relevant steps. Our actions on raising road safety awareness in the next three years will be aimed at our employees, our clients as well as the general public.
Because we, at Si.mobil, care for our employees, we will start by raising their awareness.
- Si.mobil will organise a safe driving course for employees who have to travel the most (around 30 employees).
We intend to prompt people to adopt more tolerant and vigilant driving through our internal means of communication:
- , By means of established communication channels (internal magazine Inside, weekly e-publication Si.weekly etc.) Si.mobil will communicate to all employees (including students - approximately 500) appropriate ways to ensure safer driving.
- Possible dangers, less concentration and longer response times will also be an issue on the intranet pages of our www.simobil.si website, used by our employees. This content will become available on 1 September, when a new school year starts and safe driving is especially important.
In collaboration with a design agency fun stickers will be created for company cars (around 54 cars) warning our drivers to fasten their seatbelts, refrain from using a telephone and other devices and instruct them to drive within prescribed speed limits.
Si.mobil will warn its users of the danger of telephoning while driving.
We will publish texts about the possible consequences of reduced alertness and responsiveness due to telephoning while driving at the following places:
- on our www.simobil.si website (166,679 visits in May 2008)
- in the price list, which is handed out to all new users and is available at all Si.mobil stores and authorised distributors (we estimate 60,000 clients per year)
- in the Si.kar si magazine for users, which is published three to four times a year (250,000 copies). It is delivered by mail to our users, is available at our stores and given out with Adria Media magazines (Cosmopolitan, Men's Health etc.)
Si.mobil will enable non- profit charity organisations that promote safer driving, help accident victims etc., to use the SMS Donator service, in accordance with the usual terms and conditions of the SMS Donator service.
Charity organisations can use the SMS Donator service for collecting funds for humanitarian purposes. Through each SMS with the set keyword sent to 1919, Si.mobil users donate 1 euro. Si.mobil does not charge any fees for this service and delivers the whole amount collected to the charity organisation in question. The rules, terms and conditions for the use of this service are available at www.simobil.si
We will encourage (by promoting on our magazines, websites…) all humanitarian and charity organisations that are in any way related to promoting safer driving, helping accident victims and similar, to use the SMS Donator service in order to raise the necessary funds.
Ljubljana June 26th 2008