Croce Italiana Triolo 0965.29993 is a private company that provides ambulances services and hire from southern Italy, covering the whole country, as well as assistance for the elderly and funeral services. The company employs five people full-time as well as a number of part-time personnel. European Road Safety Charter has two offices, both in Reggio Calabria region.
In view of the many accidents that occur due to failure to comply with traffic regulations (crash helmet use, worn tyres, attention to traffic signs, etc), we seek to remind the people of Reggio Calabria, particularly the young, about the importance of road safety education.
To this end, we will organise courses involving at least three secondary schools and four driving schools (around 200 young people). Courses will be organised as follows:
- Every year for 3 years, we will form groups of around 50 young people each, giving them 4 or 5 road safety classes lasting at least 2 hours each.
- The classes will be given at local authority facilities, in summer in the Reggio Calabria stadium, and in winter at the Sports Palace. These facilities will also allow us to provide the demonstrations in first-aid that we plan to give the young people (30 demonstrations over the course of 3 years).
- We will take photographs during the classes, which we will then post on our website so that the young people, seeing themselves online, will become more motivated and interested. Our site receives around 1,000 visits per month.
- At the end, each participant will receive a certificate or diploma of attendance from the organisers ourselves and from the other firms collaborating in the initiative.
- We will encourage and attract young people to take part in the activities by distributing some 10,000 flyers. We shall also take part in three local radio and TV broadcasts to present our action and launch the road safety message.
If no sponsors come forward to offer financial support, we will finance the three-year project ourselves.