FGM-AMOR develops measures and campaigns for people- and environmentally friendly traffic. The mobility concepts of the Austrian Mobility Research rely on technical as well as organisational and communicative measures. The main focus is always on human behaviour. The Austrian Mobility Research is integrated into a Europe wide mobility network. Several teams work interdisciplinary. One team works on innovative road safety projects. Clients are mostly the public authorities.
With the project “Module Close To” the FGM-AMOR considerably contributed to the accident prevention on a Europe wide scale. „Close To“ was implemented permanently in Austria after the project term and is currently performed at the Austrian military, in vocational schools and in driving schools.
Next to handling assigned and supported projects, FGM-AMOR applies intensive measures to the sustainable and safe mobility of its own staff and commit to do so in the 3 coming years.
The strategical principles of the Austrian Road Safety Programme include “Mobility and Intermodality”. That means: the higher the proportion of cyclists and pedestrians among road users, the greater is their personal safety on the roads. FGM as a company does a lot to motivate their employees to walk, to cycle or to use public transport for their way to work. All the following actions have an impact on the road transport system and also on road safety:
- Regular internal continued education contains the topics road safety and accident prevention.
- Any incentive to travel to work by car is avoided: there is one parking space for 53 employees. Whereas there is sufficient parking space for bicycles as well as bicycle storage sidings that meet all requirements ensuring safe bicycle parking.
- Every employee receives an annual mobility voucher for e.g. repairs at a bicycle shop to always guarantee the safety of his or her bike.
- The use of public transport is encouraged for business trips. Trips with a private vehicle or the company car will be refunded just in the price categorie for public transport use. Additionally company bicycles and transport bikes are available for inner-city trips and secure child bicycle trailers can be lent from the company as well.
- Every day all the employees announce their choice of transport for their way to work in the company. At the FGM-intranet they can choose between car, bicycle, puplic transport, walking and moped. The employees get “environmental miles” for walking, cycling and using public transport. The one who collects the most “environmental miles” will be rewarded. So it’s a kind of competition and also a motivation to come by bike, public transport or to walk to work. This corresponds to the strategical principles of the Austrian Road Safety Programme: The more people walk or bike, the safer are the roads because average speed will be decreased by a mix of transport modes. And within FGM 53 employees participate and try to avoid their way to work with the car when it is not really necessary.