AXA's primary activity is insurance, offering to our customers a wide range of products and services that meet their insurance, protection, savings, retirement and financial planning needs throughout their lives.
The company has 314 employees and 418 tied agents. We also cooperate with not-tied agents-brokers and we have a bancassurance agreement. Aware and proud of the contribution of the insurance industry to the economic and social development of the community, we seek to do business responsibly by living up to consistent values and honouring our commitments to our stakeholders.
AXA Insurance in Greece commits to the European Road Safety Charter for the next three years with the following actions. We will:
1. In cooperation with the Road Safety Institute (RSI) Panos Mylonas organise seminars, before the summer period of 2011, for the employees and the tied agents to educate them on road safety issues and behaviour. After the course selected employees could practice on safe driving.
2. Sign an initiative "Coalition for the Safety and Civilization in the Road" with 5 leading companies, Attiki Odos, Cosmote, Diageo, Genesis Pharma, Gefyra Riou-Antirriou. Each company is responsible for its own sector. We will be in charge of creating awareness and educating high school students on road safety issues. In particular, in cooperation with the instructors of RSI we will visit schools and will organize seminars to educate high school students and will have theoretical and practical lessons. We will sponsor a song about road safety, which we will provide to the students in order to pass the message in a peer to peer communication.
3. Create a video with animation and a quiz, which we will upload to our website to educate the visitors about risk and prevention in road safety, teaching good driving techniques and traffic rules and to communicate the message in a more interesting way.
4. Explore ways to provide extra seminars to new drivers who will acquire an extra certification on road safety issues and will gain a reduction in their policies. The teaching will include ways to avoid most common accidents, understanding safety measures; avoid bad habits like alcohol, or use of mobile phone while driving etc.
5. Continue to participate in events such as the "European Night without Accident", which was organized by the RSI in collaboration with the Responsible Young Drivers of Belgium and with the support of the European Commission. The aim was to promote road safety, increase public awareness and show to youngsters that drinking and driving do not mix. More than 2,500 young people participated in the event. 44% of the participants were willing to take the alcohol test, of which one quarter of the overall results was above the limit. A total of 782 men and 318 women had alcohol test that night, with 191 men and 41 women respectively over the limit.