Moto Club Asso (COMO) is a member of the FMI (Italian Motorcycle Federation) and affiliated with the amateur sporting organisation CONI (Italian National Olympic Committee). The association is involved primarily in motor tourism, which involves the organisation of and participation in motorcycle events and rallies, as well as participation in the field of road safety education and road safety.
To date, it has 50 members and numerous supporters.
Moto Club Asso seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop individual responsibility in order to instil greater civic sense.
- Raise awareness about rules relating to correct behaviour in order to improve road use.
- Teach about individual and group safety.
- Teach about respect of rules and traffic signs.
- Develop awareness of road signs.
- Raise awareness about road hazards.
- Teach about negative psychological behaviours when driving (narcissism, power, the myth of cars, etc).
- Teach the basic techniques for driving two-wheeled vehicles.
- Teach about controlling vehicle speed in different traffic contexts.
- Teach about driving vehicles safely in different contexts.
- Promote mental and physical health among motorcyclists.
Over the next three years, Moto Club Asso will undertake to:
" Contribute to preparing secondary school pupils in the region attending courses for the moped test (approximately 200 young people).
" Promote class-based meetings held by one of its members, Rinaldo Batelli, involving pupils and/or parents and the use of educational material containing practical advice on the safe driving of two-wheeled vehicles, available at SICURO IN SELLA: http://blog.libero.it/sicuroinsella (which has over 1,000 blog contacts and approximately 5,000 individual and group members on Facebook).
" Set up a road safety stand on the occasion of the motorcycle events organised by Moto Club Asso (MOTORASSO and Motoesposizione) which attract huge crowds.
" Promote respect of the Highway Code and the practice of correct behaviour by its own members and those participating in tours and rallies (approximately five per year).
" Participate in practical driving tests organised by the USP (provincial school department) in conjunction with the Italian Motorcycle Federation.
" Work together with the administrative authorities, the law enforcement authorities and the local police on the issue of road safety.