Over the next three years, we will promote, contribute, cooperate and disseminate publicly the convenience of a safe and sustainable mobility environment on urban and inter-urban roads.
- We will establish a forum for reflection and exchange on road safety.
- We will promote best practices in the design, construction and signposting of streets, roads, motorways and urban and inter-urban networks, in the design and construction of vehicles and in the training of road users through research and projects carried out by our staff (engineers, geologists, etc.). Financial aid will be collected from public and private organisations with budget headings for the achievement of these objectives, and from individuals. Research grants and assistance will be made available.
- We will promote best practices among the media in terms of how they deal with news about traffic accidents and road safety through seminars and joint undertakings with the Universidad del País Vasco.
- We will contribute to the development of specific training programmes and actions for the different risk groups, proposing campaigns in order to transform the current mobility culture.
We will work with victims' associations and any association related to road safety, as well as with the university departments involved in the development of research in this field.
- We will support victims of road rage by participating with them in events that they organise and by organising our own events.
- We will organise between two and five road safety thematic seminars, sectoral and intersectoral fora, congresses, events, meetings and conferences every year. The first event will be held in June 2011 (on criminal responsibility and road infrastructure safety).
- We will produce magazines, publications, leaflets, dissemination campaigns, a website, etc. We are developing the website, which will be online in April, and producing 10,000 information leaflets.